English McMuffin with Gluten Free, Lactose Free, and Vegan!!!
WHAT ARE YOU REALLY EATING?
I have to ask, look at that Organic Whole Grain Wheat English Muffin! Now look below, does that at all look appealing?
Just wanted to let everyone know that I don’t mean for some of the pictures of posts to be gone!!! I hope I can get this resolved soon!!! Sorry for you inconvenience, and to make up for that, I have something for you on December 3rd!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
By the way, Thanksgiving was originally celebrated by the settlers for three days!!!
HealthAble Old Soul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Calcium – supports muscle function, healthy hydration and is the key to your body’s electrical conduction system of the heart.
Magnesium – supports muscle function and healthy hydration. Did you know it is a required cofactor for more than three hundred enzymes.
Potassium – supports healthy hydration and specializes for normal muscle contractions.
Chromium – This is a trace mineral that works within the body’s glucose tolerance factor and assists for a healthy metabolism of the body’s primary source of energy (glucose) and muscle function.
Phosphorus – consists with energy production and storage. Essential element used in the body as a structural component.
Zinc – Trace mineral crucial to aid the immune system as well as maintained white blood cell activity and helps support antioxidant protection.
Manganese – Essential trace mineral needed for the ability of healthy skin, bone, and cartilage formation.
Iron – Essential trace mineral that helps with blood and muscle to deliver oxygen, thus energy, to every body cell as it removes the carbon dioxide. Important to the many immune functions and the body “self-monitors” and to regulate the absorption and use of iron for various needs. The benefits include healthy immune system, provision of energy and mental sharpness.
Selenium – Trace mineral which promotes a healthy immune system which may impact positively on overall health. Supports antioxidant power, assists with thyroid function and supports prostate health.
Copper – Trace mineral as a critical role in iron absorption and needed for the development of the enzyme superoxide dimutase (important antioxidant.) Proper zinc to copper ratio is also important for healthy lipoprotein and cholesterol levels.
Molybdenuym – Yet again, another trace mineral which promotes normal cell function and plays a vital role in carbohydrate metabolism, utilization of iron, sulfite detoxification, and uric acid formation. Supports the production of red blood cells that are needed for nitrogen metabolism to enable the body to use nitrogen and has been used to alleviate asthma and allergies related to sulfite sensitivity.
Everything you need! All their products: Non-Gmo, all natural, no added sugar (even though they taste sweet), gluten free, good source of fiber, vegan, no fishy burps (from the omegas), no heavy metals, prebiotic, and kid-friendly (I approve on everything! Most kids do not like minerals though!!!) Soon to come, more release of products!
Are you tired with dealing with depression or in other words…life? Admire through these Kevin and Ji-Hae how they turn their passions into curing their depression. I want you to try something today that helps me through…life:
List three things that you wish you will have or have accomplished through the year:
Write them down as if you are speaking in the present for example; “I have 7 credits graduating 8th grade.” Place them somewhere you will see and read them everyday for twice a day. These are not only goals, but affirmations. I would say by doing this 95% of my life has changed through affirmations. For example: “I am making 100k a year.” Don’t forget to set a date otherwise this may come true, but it might not maintain!
Get your seed benefits with magnesium, fiber, and Omega 3 fatty acids from pumpkin seeds and flax seeds!
Here is a Whole Grain Recipe released from Dave himself! Get your Whole Grain Goodness in a HealthAble way! You may ask what a Sin-Dawg is? Basically, it is a ooey-gooey cinnamony-sugar healthy whole grain cinnamon roll!
Just look at the WHOLE GRAIN GOODNESS!
Makes 3 loaves of Dave’s Killer Bread Sin-Dawg
Note: This recipe is best made with a heavy-duty stand mixer.
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3 tbsp organic granulated sugar
1 tbsp ground flax seed or meal
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp rolled oats
2-1/2 tsp instant yeast
3-1/2 tbsp canola oil
1-1/2 tbsp molasses
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1-3/4 cups dark raisins (soaked in water)
1/4 cup walnut pieces (soaked in water)
1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup vital wheat gluten
1-1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp plus 2 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cup water (room temperature)
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp ground flax or flax meal
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp water
1-1/4 cups organic granulated sugar
2 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds (preferably dark, unhulled)
4 tbsp rolled oats
2 tsp raw pumpkin seeds
2 tsp ground flax seeds or meal
1. Sponge: In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, flax, sunflower seeds and oats and yeast, mixing well. Add the oil, molasses and water, mixing well. With machine on low, beat mixture until well mixed. Cover and set aside for 30 to 60 minutes.
2. Dough: In a bowl, combine raisins and walnuts. Add lukewarm water to cover and let soak for 10 minutes while you finish making the dough.
3. Add the remaining flour, gluten, salt, 2/3 cup water and cinnamon to your sponge. With the machine on low, slowly mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Then mix on a medium-high speed until the dough is silky looking and separates from dough hook, about 10 minutes or so. You should be able to stretch the dough out thinly at this point and get a “window pane” (see video). It should be a really nice, dark, stretchy dough. Now you can add the soaked raisins and walnuts, beating again (on low to medium speed) for several minutes, until dough forms the “window pane” again.
4. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 3 equal portions and shape into balls. Let dough sit while you prepare the filling.
5. Filling: In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together the ground flax and water. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth and flowing.
6. Shaping: Roll each ball out with a rolling pin to about 1/4-inch thick. Place a large scoop of filling in the center and spread over dough to edges. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Roll dough up into a cylinder and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. You don’t have to seal the edges.
7. Topping: In a shallow dish, combine the sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, oats, pumpkin seeds and ground flax, stirring well. Lightly brush or spray each Sin Dawg with water and gently roll in seed mix.
8. Cover dough with a cloth and let rise briefly for 30 min or so. Preheat oven to 350°F.
9. Bake loaves in preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes until it’s nicely brown and firm to the touch (be careful as the oozing filling is very hot at this point). You don’t want to bake it for less than 35 minutes, or it will have a doughy middle. Let Sin Dawgs partially cool on baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes, before removing to a rack to completely cool.
Tip: Make sure your oven is calibrated for the best results.
Copyright © 2008 Dave Dahl
Enjoy from the HealthAble Old Soul and Dave Dahl
Kelly McGonigal talks about how to make stress your friend.
Face it, we all have stress. So, why don’t you give it a positive look and change it up a little bit? Today let us make a list:
List 3 positive characteristics about you:
Now list 3 goals you will accomplish within a year:
Please print out your goals/characteristics and hang it up where you will see them everyday. Say them for twice a day everyday within a year. Look at your successful results next year.
View the Ted Talk below for more information!